NewTechKids and the Amsterdam Public Library (OBA) strictly adhere to the COVID-19 social distancing recommendations issued by the Dutch government.
- Our bootcamps take place in OBA’s Junior Lab, a large, well-ventilated room.
- NewTechKids is using AI-based software to design our classroom layout and the placement of tables and chairs, location of teacher, etc. Tables and chairs are spaced apart to encourage social distancing.
- Each class, NewTechKids’ teacher checks the temperature of all children with a no-contact thermometer when they arrive and before they enter class. Kids with temperatures above 38 degrees Celsius are asked to return home.
- Kids are required to wash their hands when they arrive and there are multiple hand washing breaks during every class. Hand sanitizer is readily available.
- Children are encouraged to wear masks but this is optional.
- Our teacher facilitates class discussion at the front of the class, socially distanced from students, and wears a mask while helping kids working in pairs and teams.
- No adults, except our teachers, are allowed in the workshop room. Parents can watch class presentations the large front window on the outside of the library.
We also try to pair kids who are part of the same bubble (siblings and close friends).