OBA Ijburg Bootcamp: 8-12 (10 classes)Jan - April 2022
- Tijdens deze 10 weken durende NewTechKids bootcamp bij OBA Ijburg worden kinderen van 8-12 jaar geweldige tech-uitvinders die robots en tech-prototypes maken voor mensen met verschillende banen. Meisjes en jongens welkom. Geen eerdere ervaring nodig. Tijdens onze lessen zijn kinderen verplicht een mondmasker te dragen.
Early 2022 Saturday Bootcamp: 13:00Jan - March 2022
- During this NewTechKids bootcamp on Saturdays at 13:00, kids ages 8-12 will design and code robots to play a series of games before developing their own robot game with strategy, rules and a point system. Girls and boys welcome. No previous experience needed. Kids are required to wear masks during our classes.
Early 2022 Saturday Bootcamp: 15:00Jan - March 2022
- During this NewTechKids bootcamp on Saturdays at 15:00, kids ages 8-12 will explore how technology is influencing art by designing and coding robots to perform or make art: dance, music, sculpture, etc. Girls and boys welcome. No previous experience needed. Kids are required to wear masks during our classes.
Early 2022 Sunday Bootcamp: 13:00Jan - March 2022
- During this NewTechKids bootcamp on Sundays at 13:00, kids ages 8-12 will design and code robots based on well-known kids books and films: ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’, ‘Star Wars’, ‘Harry Potter’, etc. Girls and boys welcome. No previous experience needed. Kids are required to wear masks during our classes.
2022 Voorjaarsvakantie Camp #1February 21-25, 2022
- During this Voorjaarsvakantie bootcamp, kids ages 8-12 will become master tech inventors who help farmers, doctors and nurses, chefs and factory workers do their jobs with the help of robots. Girls and boys welcome. No previous experience needed. Kids are required to wear masks during our classes.
2022 Voorjaarsvakantie Camp #2February 21-25, 2022
- During this Voorjaarsvakantie bootcamp, kids ages 8-12 will design, build and code robots to play a series of games before developing their own. Girls and boys welcome. No previous experience needed. Kids are required to wear masks during our classes.
Where kids learn to shape their future, their way
NewTechKids is a technology education academy in Amsterdam dedicated to igniting the problem-solving capabilities and innovative spirit of children. Our programs, taught in Dutch and English, teach primary school children computational thinking and the fundamental concepts which power technology, programming and information in the digital age. Gadgets, applications, software and hardware change continuously, the core concepts don’t. Our staff of computer science teachers and innovation specialists guide kids in acquiring knowledge and skills related to designing, programming, testing and creating stuff that matters to them. The future belongs to NewTechKids. Watch out, Silicon Valley. We’re coming for you!
We care so much about 21st century education that we are playing an active role in shaping it.
NewTechKids is a leader in teaching computational thinking skills to primary school-aged children via computer science and tech literacy programs taught during school classes and as after-school activities.
We also organize teacher training programs because teachers and schools play an integral role in ensuring that all students have a solid foundation to understand technology and the thinking and problem-solving behind it.
Our main goals are to help transform children from passive technology users into passionate inventors and prepare them to become future innovators and entrepreneurs.
NewTechKids programs won’t turn children into master coders or give them specific technical skills. Our pedagogy, curriculum and lesson plans provide kids with a strong foundation to understand technology: how it works, why it works and how to think in order to invent new solutions. Computer science education is an excellent way to help kids acquire 21st century skills: critical thinking, problem-solving, collaboration, communication and creativity.
Most of our classes are taught in a combination of English and Dutch. Technology and computer science vocabulary is primarily in English and our programs help children learn English if it is not their native language.
NewTechKids is a member of the Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA), an industry organization with more than 25,000 members from more than 154 countries which supports and promotes the teaching of computer science from kindergarten to grade 12. We serve as part of CSTA’s 12-person International Committee, contributing to the Association’s strategies around international membership growth, diversity issues and information exchange.
We combine four magical ingredients in our programs. Computational thinking skills help children master the thought process needed to develop solutions which can be carried out by computers in partnership with humans. Computer science education helps children understand the core concepts which apply to all forms of technology. Our curriculum covers algorithmic thinking, programming, systems thinking, and design. Technological literacy helps children understand the technology present in the world around them in order to make conscious decisions. Innovation processes help children transform what they learn into their own inventions. During our programs, kids become comfortable with prototyping, designing, testing and iteration, all important aspects of the innovation process.
As a company founded by two women, NewTechKids is dedicated to increasing the participation of girls and low-income youth in computer science education. We’re developing strategies which help girls and low-income youth learn and excel in mixed-gender classrooms which are the norm in primary and high school. Boys, girls and children from different backgrounds benefit from working and learning together.
We teach children to understand concepts such as systems thinking, resources, requirements, programming, automation and design. During our programs, children learn core concepts individually and in connection with each other.
We design our classes so that children collaborate. In teams, children learn to explain their thinking, engage in problem-solving, develop interpersonal skills and practice giving and receiving constructive feedback.
We help children design, test and improve their inventions with feedback from peers and teachers. Our teaching tools range from no tech (pen and paper) to high tech (programmable robot kits).
All of our classes involve challenges which encourage children to turn abstract concepts into tangible solutions. Failure is celebrated (and even deliberately included) to help children learn the importance of grit, perseverance and problem-solving.
Entrepreneur, tech ed advocate and proactive parent. That's me.Read More
Art and Computer Science teacher. Passionate artist and maker. That's me.Read More
Computer science teacher, champion of computing in the arts. That's me.Read More
Computing teacher, champion of girls in computer science. That's me.Read More
the latest from
NewTechKids is pleased to be partnering with PreparationTech to help recruit tech companies in Amsterdam to offer three to fiveRead more0
The best, most future-proof skill that parents, caregivers and teachers can impart to kids is "learning how to learn" andRead more0
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Thanks for your interest in NewTechKids. Sign up to receive our email newsletter and stay updated on our programs and developments in technology and programming education for primary school children. To receive email alerts about upcoming programs related to specific age ranges, please choose one or more of the options below.
We’d be happy to discuss our academy and programs with you in more detail, whether you’re a prospective student, parent, teacher, school director or after-school program facilitator.
email us: info(at)newtechkids.com
write us: Prinsengracht 462G, 1017 KG Amsterdam, The Netherlands
call us: +31 657 999 346