We’re crunching the numbers some more!
So far, 60 people have registered for NewTechKids’ upcoming ‘kids and gaming’ seminar on Sunday, November 24 at the Amsterdam Public Library.
Here’s a quick analysis of these parents, caregivers and teachers and the information they have provided, including about the gaming habits of their children and their attitudes towards gaming.
There are still spaces available to attend NewTechKids’ seminar for parents, caregivers and teachers on ‘kids and gaming’. Speakers will include game designers and family counsellors as well as a psychologist/researcher, teacher, parent/former game designer, and a former gaming addict.
Devices Used for Gaming
- Computers, laptops and tablets: 36%
- Mobile phones: 30%
- Gaming consoles: 26%
- Handheld devices: 6%
- Headset/VR: 2%
Does Attendee Engage in Gaming with Child(ren)
- No: 67%
- Yes: 33%
Does Attendee Feel that She/He is Effectively Managing Child(ren)’s Gaming
- No: 78%
- Yes: 22%
Attendee’s Perception of Gaming’s Effect on Child(ren)
- Beneficial: 21%
- Harmful: 34%
- Neutral: 45%
Top Reasons for Attending
- Guidance for setting rules and guidelines
- Understand how games work
- Learn about the pros and cons of gaming
- Understand gaming addiction and be prepared to fight it
- Understand the effect of gaming on a child’s brain and behaviour
- Learn more about ensuring that my child is safe while gaming
Event Media Partner